View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Contract Time

I sit down with Djaniny and tell him in no uncertain terms that he needs to knock off going to the press, and he respects it. He has the hot leg, I’ll keep him in for now. I think we had to work through the whole he was first team, and then I moved him down thing. His old manager screwed him over, signing him to a five year deal for first team for a team that had someone better, and was with a tactics that used just one striker, and then loaned in Kayke, who is also better. But he’s giving me good football right now, so he’s up, and hopefully we can use him for a few years in the better rotational set up.

I look through my 6 month contract so see what I may want to do. Right now, in my opinion, my rocks to build around are Daniel C., Joao Aurelio, Mario Rondon, and maybe Skolnik and Diego B.

I have these contracts ending – Diego B, Daniel C, Edgar Costa (on loan), Marcio Madeira (on loan), Carlos Mariano (but he get another year added to his deal if he plays enough games), Joao Barreto, Rui Silva (on loan) and Joao Camacho. I have no problem letting Silva, Barreto, Camacho, Madeira, or Costa go.

I can hold off on making a decision about Diego. But Daniel has been playing very well for me. He’s 25, so he has a lot of football left. I need to keep him. Problem is we are paying him 2.3k and he wants 6k t begin. He’s worth it, for next year. But not right now, my salary is too tight. So I’ll hold off for a bit. But I will soon.

What about people coming off in 6 months on my shortlist? I take a look to see what I can see.

For example Daniel Montenegro would blow the pants of Diego B. He’s 34, but still. Guy has great speed, 14 pass, 14 cross, 15 techqnieu, 14 drib, OTB 15, this guy is a stud. And he’ll play for 4.5k. He may only give me a year or two, but he’s awesome. Matias Defederico is much younger (24) not as good, but still would outclass Diego at the AMC spot. I could get Victor Zapata, 34, from Argentina (all of these folks are) to outclass and become my new DMC.

So, who do I want more – Daniel or Matias?

37 or 24? The guy who is much better but will deteriorate, or the guy who is not as good, but may get better? Let’s compare them?

According to our handy dandy comparison tool:

They are about the same mentally, aerially (they both suck), technically. Matias is better at speed. Daniel is better at physical stuff. He is slightly better at attacking and creativity, and Matias is slightly better at technical stuff.

Well, considering that, I’m going Matias. Although I lose a good set-piece person, I get someone who may be a key player for years. And if not, he’ll retain value for transferring. We agree to a deal for 4800 a week and remove the annoying clause to match higher earner. They’ll think about it.

Are there any players of note not on my shortlist?

I scout a few folks to see.

I also have come across an interesting middie – Luigi Bruins, 26, plays for OGC Nice. Decently fast (12/12), can play every mid position, even DMC. Has some really nice stats – 16 passing, 15 drib, 16 technique, 14 in first touch and long shots, and so forth. He intrigues me. He even has 12 cross for the wings. He could be AMC, DMC (poorly), MR, ML, MC if I had it, AML or AMR, and he even plays an unconvincing bit as a Striker. He’s a nice matilda man to come in, and play anywhere he’s needed. I love his versatility. But he wants 12k to begin negotiations. Here’s another versatile man, Geert-Arend Roorda, 25, can play every central position from Striker to DC. From his 14/13 jump/head to 15 pass, 13 mark, 12 tack, 14 technique, and 13 finishing, he is even respectable in DC or ST. He would be better than Rafa at the DMC, or replace a DC or an AMC or ST. Whatever is needed. Not bad either.

Here’s another that we really like – Javi Espinosa, currently on the Barcelona B team, just 21. Worth just 250k but has a nasty good scouting report. He came back with a 5 star review for potential. And, he can play every mid-position plus Striker (although ST and DMC are not great). Plus he just has an 8 finishing, so I wouldn’t push that. He can play right, left, middle, attacking, and normal. He’s contract is up in six months, and he is not on anyone’s radar. So he’s on my radar to make an offer next year.

We finishing scouting a few others and looked at reports. There are a lot of options out there.

And that ends 2013

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote