View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make offers to a few scouts – I want to increase our network. Our first scout arrived – USA’s Daniel Capecci. I add a few young folks from his scouting to my shortlist. He has one that’s not a the top of his list, but I like him – MC May Mahlangu, from South Africa, currently unsigned, 25. He can play MC, DMC, MC, ST, MR, and ML. He’s a more flexible backup than Costinha, and he’s better. I order a scout to check him out, what kind of money/deal is he looking for?

Our next scout signs – Ze Rui, from Cape Verde, capped three times as a player. I want him to scout parts of Africa for me. As a former African international myself, I know there are a lot of untapped players there. What can we uncover? He’s in Western Africa right now, while Daniel is in North America.

Today we have our difficult League Cup match vs Arouca. Win, and if there is a tie in the Maritimo-Braga game, we win this bracket on points. I move Rafa back in to start. We are favorite (they have two major players out). I order us to begin with a normal Standard set, and see how things flow. Candeais crosses, not to Rondon who is held back but to Adriano who is open, and he finds the net in the 3rd minute. One minute later Gottardi stops a similar play from happening on the other side of the pitch. Shot by Skolnik is on target, and butted away for a corner, and we are keeping up pressure through the 15th minute. We injure one of their players and they have to sub in the 25th minute. Rafa picked up a knoc, and I pull him for Miguel Rodrigues and order his role to be moved to defensive from support. Half time. We have some more nice moves, and then I order us to move to Counter. Skolnik has been injured a bit and I pull him for Carlos Mariano. Final sub – Reginaldo for Diego B. Then They hit a dramatic late equalizer in the 93rd minute and its 1-1. I tell them that wasn’t good enough. There was a tie in the other game. Had we not conceded the late goal, we’d be in the Semis. That sucks

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote