View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ok, problem. Braga have made an offer for GK Gottardi. They have offered 44k plus 165k over the next two years. So here’s the question – is this a blessing in disguise? Will this give me an excuse to sign a replacement who is better?

Let’s look around…

There’s 24 year old Venezuelan international GK Rafael Romo. He’s not bad. I order a scout report. I was kind of hoping for a grizzled vet, since my starters and squad tend to be young folks, in order to balance things. Rondon’s 28 though, so that’s alright I suspect. Someone with gravitas I can hand the captain’s band to. There are a few I like, Eduardo, who was the GK for Braga for a while, and has 33 caps for Portugal, or Gomes, who was Tottenham’s GK for a while. But they don’t think I can even match their financial stuff. Who else?

Got him!

I make an offer to my GK target, and I accept the offer for Gottardi. I make my guy an offer to be the highest paid player for my squad at 7.25k a week, using the money that;’ll be freed up plus the rest of my transfer budget. But the transfer money I get from Gottardi can be used to buff my budget to make it all work.

My target is the grizzled, 37 year old vet who will come in, nonplussed, and get things to run right on the pitch. Despite his age, he has a 4 star evaluation, fully one more than Gottardi.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote