View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 03:44 PM   #29
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
I never said I thought LeBron was greedy for signing a contract for Nike. I said he's an ass for what he said. Please don't confuse my words or you'll miss the point. I understand shoe contracts are a by product of being an elite athlete, but to say you'll give them as much loyalty as a job most people would give 110% loyalty to, comes off as saying I love money more than or at least as much as my dream job which gives me a ton of money to begin with. I gave this kid slack since he's never been an "average joe" and has no perspective, but he's hung himself three times already.

As for Kobe, he may be a selfish teamate but he loves to play the game, and he gives 100% percent to his job.
Well, a mercenary like me (I only work because they pay me) would say LeBron's loyalty is in the right place. Nike pays him more money, therefore that's where he should be more loyal.

To be fair though, I did attribute to you ideas outside the scope of your post.

And as far as Kobe giving 110% to his job, I guess that depends on perception. His effort on the court is unquestioned (at least from what I have see and read). Unfortunately, he directs that effort into the aggrandizement of one Kobe Bryant. If you consider his job to be doing what would most help the Lakers win, he checks in at far less than 100%.