View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #54
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
3. Will Sanders be a bad sport when he inevitably loses?

I can tell you right now his supporters will not accept defeat. I had to stop following a couple on twitter because of how ugly they have been to the rest of the field, especially Warren. Sanders people are a level of zealot that rival Trump supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post

3. I think Iowa will hand Biden the win here. It's hard to see anything derailing that train in this state. The big question is whether one of the middle candidates can springboard themselves by leapfrogging the Sanders/Warren logjam. If they can, they might be able to be a legit 3rd player moving forward. I see Harris and Buttigieg (pronounced Buddha-judge) as the best possibilities. (Though I hear whispering that Buttigieg is more a media darling than a serious player right now. He may not have the money/backers to win in the long haul).

I think you are dead on right. I also think Biden winning Iowa is not going to mean much, but which candidate surprises will become the dark horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I doubt any of that is true. Warren hasn't been subject to multiple decades of the Republican attack machine. Do you have any numbers to back this up?

Besides, Warren earned quite a few plaudits going into rural West Virginia a few weeks back and speaking to folks.

Trump backers applaud Warren in heart of MAGA country - POLITICO

I don't have any proof, but anecdotally? I know she is not at all the same politically as Hillary, but all I see when I see her is Hillary. I imagine people that barely follow politics definitely equate her with Hillary.