View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #231
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Welcome, Wolfpack. Man, that's a rough experience, isn't it? Nothing worse than coping with an injured or very sick child. Glad you're past it.

We had a very rough weekend with Drew (4 year old). He has been in a testing stage, where he has been saying "I don't want to" or "no" to a lot of things that he normally wouldn't. Well, it all came down to it on Saturday. He spouted off some sassy comments to my wife (who is the more lenient parent of the two), and got into a timeout situation pretty darn quick. Then he just went berserk. Seriously, it was a 45-minutes straight tantrum. Screaming, kicking, crying, begging...he pulled out all the stops. I'm hungry, scared, need to pee, sorry, you don't love me, etc. etc. The crux of the issue was getting him to be quiet for two minutes, and he just wouldn't do it. I have to give my wife a ton of credit, because although I interjected a few calm comments to try and settle him down, she wanted to handle the bulk of it and didn't yield. Ultimately, he finally caved. *whew*

Lots of nightmares that night and last night. Broken sleep for us.

Then he got this nasty blood blister looking thing on his forefinger. Great trauma, as you can imagine. Very scared and whiney stuff throughout. Doctor ruled it a probable spider bite, and it's getting better already, but damn.

I need a weekend from my weekend.

Yuck, Coug!
My daughter loves to throw tantrums, and we learned that ignoring her is a great way to get her to stop. It's not foolproof, but she sure doesn't like it. Still, I would be much happier if her instant reactions to not getting her way was throwing a fit. It's my biggest challenge right now.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote