View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #553
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Threat from chaos or natural disaster ain't doing it for me either.

My dad shot and killed himself when I was 12, my cousin was shot and killed by a mentally ill co-worker, and one of my friends cleaned student's brains off the wall in the wake of the Roseburg shooting.

This poll says we've got at least 37 members @ FOFC who have friends or family killed by a firearm. We've got people who have lost friends and family in the VTech shootings and the Roseburg shootings, and we even have a member currently accused of murder.

Comparatively, how much do you think we collectively have suffered from home invasion, government tyranny, governmental collapse or looters? Nefarious government agents would have to literally execute two members of my family and force my friend to clean up the brains before they're even on even footing with the damage that unfettered gun access has done to my personal life.

How much REAL damage to your friends & neighbors would it take to make y'all consider moving your stance on a hypothetical threat to yourself even a fucking fraction of an inch?

Any gun legislature of consequence is going to necessitate 'good' gun owners giving up their guns (or at least their right to buy more guns) and sacrificing their perceived safety for the benefit of someone else..the change would probably take a generation and the idea that criminals would initially keep their guns is probably true, and you would be voluntarily leaving yourself less protected, but to those of us who have already literally sacrificed lives of our family and friends for your second amendment rights have very little sympathy for your sense of security.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-09-2018 at 02:00 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote