View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #569
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I meant to a shelter. If you evacuate to a hotel or private home, sure, you would bring your gun(s). But who in those hotels or private residences out of the flood zone need to use guns to protect themselves or their property?

I'm not sure how saying that statistically very few gun owners ever need to use their gun for protection of themselves, their family or their property is something to believe or not believe.
Don't disagree that they won't need them, I disagree that they won't/can't take them, even to shelters. They setting up metal detectors or patting people down before they let them in? The culture in New Orleans and most of the South/West is just so much different from the Northeast on this point, but yeah, people who think they need a handgun for self defense will try their hardest to keep one on them in these chaotic situations when wild rumors are flying around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yep. I mean Syria has been in a few wars in the last 100 years, but only in this current uprising has the government used poison gas, in violation of the Geneva Convention. One can argue it's because Bashar is worse than his father and previous Syrian rulers, but I can't be the only one who remembers Bashar being lauded as a potential reformer when he took the reigns?
Maybe chemical attacks are a new thing, but they haven't exactly been playing by the Geneva Convention 1982 Hama massacre - Wikipedia
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote