View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #491
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, how bout that...

12-4 and a bye week

Honestly, are we just system now? Just a giant pile of tiddlywinks players who get along so well that we can't help but win? That's silly... my 7-9 guess was 100% sincere. Figured 1- wins was possible. Not 12.

So, takeaways:

QB McWhatever: solid, 7.19 ypa and a 29/17 ratio... 86 passer rating, 700 yds rushing with the same offense I used for Gelenaw

The running game was GREAT - Phelps churned out his 5.14 ypc and Mc? posted over 6 ypc.

Honestly, we weren't being carried by great receiver play - my fat paycheck guys (Guthrie 6.8 and Bailey 6.8) were both below the team average in yards per target... though their 18 TDs combined is part of the reason why I reckon

OL was... fine, maybe good. Cohesion and chemistry at work, I reckon.

Pass rush - Rison was back atop the sack numbers with 15, as we were the #1 team in PR%, that's what we want to see from that much talent up front.

Secondary - opponents got just over 6 yards per attempt against us, that's good, probably even better if extended out to yards per dropback... CB Meadows set the standard with 6 picks on a low-int team, traditionally

Yay. Good season. No clue how we'll fare against playoff rivals, but we're playing with house money at this point.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote