View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #893
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

World Series Preview

"We're back after the very awkward session with Dick Allen, and with me now to talk about the defenses of the two World Series participants is Dwight "Dewey" Evans, an 8 time gold glove winner...Dwight, how do you access the defenses of these two teams?"

"We'll Hack, both of these defenses are very good...you have gazelles in the outfield...Mays, Aaron, Clemente, vs Charleston, Bell, and Torriente...I don't think there has ever been to outfields with more range. It will be difficult to find gaps out there during the series. Both teams have great catchers with good arms, and excellent defense up the middle of the infield. The only areas where I think there is an advantage it at third, where when the Post Nationals use Eddie Matthews they give up a little on defense."

"Of course they get 48 homeruns on offense..." Jobb counters...

"Oh sure, and you'd and anyone else would take that trade off every day of the week, but from a defense only perspective that is a ding. Also Banks, and I know 50 Homers...isn't as good defensively as Lloyd."

"So your overall opinion..."

"The Negro Leaguers are better on defense..."

"Thanks, Dewey...and before we let you go...I have to ask like I did to Kaat, we here you name as a possible member or an expansion team in this league. Is that true?"

"Not sure, there are a bunch of good outfielders that are being mentioned like Murphy, Parker, Frank Howard, Bernie Williams, and I'm honored to be included in the conversation. We'll just have to see how it all breaks down..."

"Up next what most of you have been watching for...a breakdown of the offenses...."
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote