View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #17
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Ironhead and I are finished. Oklahoma State held off a late Texas A&M rally to prevail (complete with an onside kick recovery, a score, and then a failed onside attempt). Believe the final score was 38-34. I ran the ball fairly effectively, and Ironhead was beating me with some big plays. That guy Hardy is a pain in the ass to stop. I felt my run D was pretty solid though.

I exited quickly and forgot to save this, but in my mind, the Toyota Turning Point came late in the 3rd, when the A&M QB scrambled on 3rd and long. He had a ton of daylight, but my CB Connor raced up and stuck him right at the first down marker and drove him backwards. It was probably the best open field tackle I've made. That forced a punt, and I converted a big 3rd and 21 play to Antrell Woods from deep in my own territory. I went on to score and took a 17 point lead which A&M ralled back from.

Great game as always Ironhead.

Was a good one as always. Unfortunately this probably puts me out of National and Conference title contention. I could see you maybe, *maybe*, losing one conference game to the computer. No way you lose two though.

I felt that the game changing play came in the 3rd when we were still notched up 21-21. I tried to get way too cute and tried that WR pass which was picked. That gave you a ton of momentum and made it really tough to catch up.

Look forward to next seasons game. At least I am kicking your ass in recruiting.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote