View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #239
Suicane75
Coordinator

1969 Off Season

Not much to do in the off season as we have everyone pretty much locked up for the next two years, the question is how do I make it through those two years without going bankrupt. I'm going to have to sell off some prospects.

To that end I entertain offers for Johnny Briggs, just because I have a legit power hitting outfielder named Dick Simpson ready to go in the minors. The Yankees offer me $800K for Briggs and I take it.

Brooks Robinson, bless his heart, is being shopped again, and this year I find a partner. The Dodgers send us 20 year old, ready to play prospect Richie Hebner for Brooks Robinson, veteran OF Eddie Haas, and ready to go 1B prospect Gomer Hodge. Hebner will step right in at 3B.

We get $460K from Oakland for 3 good pitching prospects, Larry Gowell, Brent Strom & Pat Osburn.

The Texas Rangers, Milwaukee Brewers, Houston Astros and Montreal Expos have joined the league. The 4 division set up is now upon us.

We lost C Buck Rogers, P Sandy Vance & P Rick James in the expansion draft. Not a killer. But does force us to sign our first free agent ever, C Chris Cannizzaro is inked to be our 3rd Catcher.

We head into the year with the pitching pretty much in tack. The depth in the farm system is thinner, but it's still quality.

Dick Simpson becomes our 3rd Right Fielder since we traded Hank Aaron, hopefully he sticks. He's got real deal power. Richie Hebner is a good hitter and a real good fielder and should serve us well at 3B. Our bench outside of losing Rogers is still strong. Our system on the offensive side is not deep, or strong, at the moment.

With the new division setup I can honestly say that I'd be shocked if we didn't win the NL East, the competition is just not good enough to hang with us.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote