View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 11:52 PM   #445
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I am really enjoying Walter Footballs Grade's of the Bears and Packers.

Live 2020 NFL Draft Grades - WalterFootball.com

Quote:
Chicago Bears: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame - O'BRIEN Grade
Ryan Pace needs help. I don't understand why he thinks he needs to spend so many high resources on tight ends, especially when none of them are close to elite. He paid tons of money to Jimmy Graham this offseason, only to select a tight end in the second round? Why!? And why didn't he pick the tight end some teams had higher on their boards, Adam Trautman? Kmet was not the consensus best player at his position, and Pace could've obtained someone similar in the third round, or perhaps someone slightly worse early on Day 3. This is an "F" grade all the way. Pace needs to go.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State - O'BRIEN Grade
Wow. This is terrible. The people on TV are comparing this to the Aaron Rodgers pick from 2005, but the difference is that Rodgers was considered a No. 1 overall pick prospect who just happened to fall. Jordan Love was never that good. Love is an extremely raw quarterback who has some major decision-making issues. He has high upside, but chances are that he flops. This, of course, means that the Packers aren't helping Rodgers win now, so they might as well trade him. If I were a Packer fan, I'd be very disappointed right now, and I imagine Rodgers is quite upset as well.

Also, why the trade up? Whom were the Packers attempting to jump for Love? This is just a dumb pick.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers: A.J. Dillon, RB, Boston College - O'BRIEN Grade
The Packers must have wanted Jalen Hurts because they reached for a running back with the Oklahoma quarterback off the board. The Packers don't need a running back at all with Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams on the roster, so there was absolutely no need to select a fourth-round running back prospect in the second round. If I were Aaron Rodgers, I'd demand a trade at this very moment.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers: Josiah Deguara, TE, Cincinnati - BELICHICK'S DOG Grade
Is Bill Belichick's dog doing the entire Green Bay draft? I don't understand anything the Packers have done thus far. This pick is just awful. There were better tight ends available. I get that the Packers are filling a need, but they're doing so with a prospect some teams thought would be available in the seventh round.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-25-2020 at 12:09 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote