View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #14
revrew
Team Chaplain

The first trade came with the help of Keaton Graves, of all people. Through some carefully and intentionally planted lies about Donte Stallworth trashing the former Saints, we made Donte expendible in the eyes of the fans. I unloaded him without too much fuss to the NY Giants for some help on both our offensive and defensive lines--places we were going to be very sore for talent when the big cuts came.

Our second big trade made huge headlines, however, when DE Darren Howard was sent to Jacksonville for two young foundations of our future defense: SLB Darryn Smith and FS Deon Grant. The best news is that Howard was expendible with a young DE coming up to replace him in LDE Charles Grant, so the public was swayed to tout how good a deal we got without yet suspecting a thing.

The final straw, however, was trading away former first rounder RDE Will Smith. It made no sense to the team, and talk radio and shows like PTI crucified us for it. The trade did bring in WR Corey Bradford and SS Eric Brown, but the other GMs were beginning to get suspicious. Commissioner Tagliabue called me to ask why were so busy on the trade wire. I stalled the commish, but our time was up: we needed to dump.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote