View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #249
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

New to this thread...some might remember reading my earlier work on my visiting mother-in-law.

Looking for advice on this one.

The family consists of me (30) wife (30)--who is preg with bundle of joy #2, a boy due in Sept-- and Lucy, who will be 2 in June.

Any other parents out there have experience with night terrors?

This is a relatively new occurance for us. In the last month or so, on and off, Lucy will wake up about 1 or 2 in the morning, screaming uncontrollably. When I get out of bed, and make it to her room...never know what I'll find. Sometimes she's lying there, normally...other times sitting up...but always the same bawling. But, we believe these are night terrors because, best we can tell, she has no idea what is going on.

If she's lying there, I'll rub her back, say "It's OK"...but she has no idea, nor does she open her eyes. This will go on anywhere from 30 seconds for up to 5-10 minutes. She'll finally figure out what is going on, "wake up", and stand up with her arms out to pick her up. 2 minutes later, she's giggling and laughing (also not the greatest at 2 am), like nothing ever happened.

Anyone else have tricks for dealing with this?
As I said...some weeks it is 1 night...others, 3-4 in a row.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote