View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #454
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now that I’ve seen Alexander drop, I have to ask myself a basic question. Do I take the offer to trade him for the 1/9 offered by the Dolphins? I think so.

I got OG Brock Timlin, who I drafted when I was at Richmond.

Sigh. I need players all up and down the roster, and I have the 34th pick in each round to address my massive needs. This sucks.

There are some interesting FA. Tony Clements is available, but in his 17th year. At this point in his career, he’s good, but no better than my guy currently. There is a franchise QB available, however. Say hello to:

QB Ernest Mayes, 6th year, 94 accuracy, 97 power, 70’s and 80’s in the various passing ranges.

I make Mayes a major offer.

I trade CB TJ Wilbur to the Panthers for their 3/24 pick this year. Now I don‘t have 3 starting CBs vying for two spots getting paid three starting CB salaries.

I trade WR Sammie Robertson, who is in his 10th year and not that great, to Green Bay for their 4/11 pick next year.

I also make an offer to a really good DT in Stanley Allen, and a solid OT RJ Freedman.

Okay, let’s see who we can pull.

Week 1 QB Ernest Mayes signs with us!!!! LALALALA. Mayes was All Pro QB in 2020. He has only missed 4 games in the past 5 years.

Now, I need to unload Dunlap. He did fine, and I don’t mind having a really good backup QB but I need picks waaaay too much to keep him around.

I trade Shane to the Albuquerque Rail Runners for their 2nd, 5th and 7th picks this year. Since the Rail Runners let Clements go, this is a good pickup for them, and they get the 11th or 13th best QB in the league for a 2nd and some late picks, so they are happy, and I am happy with Mayes.

OT RJ Freedman signs with us week 5 and Bucky Shores went to Baltimore, btw.

Week 7 we sign DT Allen. All of our three targets come in. Excellent!

WTF? I’m looking over my roster and OT Freedman is getting paid 30 million a year? Bug? Did I mistype his contract offer?

Here’s the problem. I don’t normally expect to save/reload. My last save game is at the end of the first season. Now, I can reload it and replay it, but I don’t know if I’ll get the same scout, head coach, same trade offer for my LB, same players drop in value, same offers to Fas, etc.

Or I can play with a 30+ million contract to an OT annually.

I guess I have to suck it up. Ouch. That’s going to be an albatross.

I trade CB Sedrick Shell to the Lone Stars for their 63 pick in order to cut costs.

I cut LB Bo Shade.

Time to accelerate the Free Agency stuff.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote