View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun May 4, 2014
Talented DC/DMC Kim Young-Bin wants to see me. Says he thinks he may have to move on to achieve his goals. I assure him that I intend to bring in talent to help him achieve those goals as soon as I can, which seems to satisfy him at least for now.

The key phrase there is "as soon as I can" since I can't do anything until a) the transfer window opens up in July, and b) only if I can move some players on in order to free up salary

The win over Gwangju moves us up into 5th place and within 3 points of third place. It also marks a break in the K-Challenge schedule as the FA Cup begins for most of our clubs this week. We'll host Daegu in a 3rd round match on Wednesday likely needing a win to meet the board's goals for the competition.

Our Reserves played a friendly at Cheongju Jikji Reserves, winning 1-0 on a 32' goal by AMC Jang Soo-Min.

DC Yoon Weon-II has returned to training after missing 3 weeks with a twisted knee. Hopefully we can get him match fit sooner rather than later.

-----------

Monday May 5, 2014

Our U18s played a friendly at Mustang FC, rolling to a 5-0, scoring all those in the first 57 minutes. 16 y/o striker Cho Chul-Min was the standout with 2 goals, 1 assist and a 9.4 rating

----------

Tues May 6, 2014

We get a report on the 6 players that we currently have out on loan. Of them only two have seen first team action this year. DC Lee Ho has made 14 appearances for Police with a 6.79 average rating. 27 y/o AMC Yoon Jun-Ha has played in one match with a 6.40.

Well hello, got to love the morning paper. The South Korean Soccer Express has declared that a bad result in tomorrow's match against Daegu could seal my fate with the club.

Now according to the internal reports the board "is satisfied" although my job security is just 49%. Now under "Job Status" I'm still at 100% since it would cost a considerable sum to fire me with so much remaining on my contract.

So either the tabloid is trying to stir up stuff OR things are far worse than any internal indicators would suggest. Either way, all I can do is roll 'em out there and try to win the next match. I mean, what else am I going to do regardless of the situation?