Izulde
Head Coach

@ NIVO (5th)
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
MC: Max Oostenrijk/Pascal Hettinga
AMLR: Achmed Ahahaoui/Hedzer Prins
ST: Rico Leocadio/Joreilly Chirino

8 - Hettinga skims the ball to the right side out of the box and Ahahaoui picks it up. On the cross, Chirino fakes out the keeper, allowing Prins to step forward for the score 1-0

39 - Out goes Prins with injury. Ahahaoui switches to AMR and Van der Meulen gets his second action in as many games.

57 - Van der Klis makes a rare appearance, subbing in for Leocadio

68 - Van der Meulen passes to Van der Klis, then runs ahead for the return pass. Center to Chirino and we bag the insurance on the Curacao striker's 10th goal of the year. 2-0

71 - I hate our second half defense. 2-1

We narrowly gave up the equalizer with seconds to go, but escape with a win we don't deserve. Hedzer Prins's 7.1 in 39 minutes is good enough for PotM.

Lovely. So Hezer Prins is out 2 months. Joeren Folkers got injured last time and I forgot to mention that's a 7-8 month injury. We're getting smacked late by the injury bug.

FC Breukelen officially clinches the title to no one's shock.

vs CSW (8th)
D: Tom van der Linden/Bastin Verweij/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
MC: Rodi de Beor/Amar Sedjic
AMLR: Leo van der Meulen/Achmed Ahahaoui
ST: Rico Leocadio/Joreilly Chirino

I ream the team at half for their sleep-walking display. There's still second to play for, guys!

47 - Chirino's wing out right is high, but Ahahaoui leaps it up to knock it down with his head, then runs to get the ball and deliver it to Sedjic, my favorite player ever, in the box. 1-0

52 - Romeyn and van Oosterom take over at DL and DC respectively, Verweij yanked after his yellow.

55 - Luckiest post bounce ever. I'm stunned that didn't go into the net.

They get a few more chances, but we hold them off. Amar Sedjic bailed us out big-time on this one with his 7.9 PotM. Another scrappy 3 points we didn't really earn.

@ vv Almkerk (9th)
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
MC: Pascal Hettinga/Amar Sedjic
ST: Joreilly Chirino/Derk Schut

3 games left and we can't finish any worse than 4th, which is an amazing accomplishment considering how hard it was for us to find wins at the beginning of the season. We've also got our team captain back, yay!

4 - Ahahaoui is on the right flank. Defender comes in and our Moroccan Old Man sends a power pass that drills between three defenders in the box to Chirino's feet, and Curacao nets another goal to his tally 1-0

58 - Leocadio in for Schut and striker switch; Romeyn for Tesselaar

72 - Hoekstra intercepts a long pass after his own pass was intercepted, first touch jamming it to the right flank whereupon Ahahaoui dribbles and crosses. van der Meulen is hammered to the ground and the ball goes loose. Chirino sneaks in for his second goal and Oosterom jogs in for tired Hoekstra after the insurance. 2-0

85 - Rare bad pass by Ahahaoui and a screamer longball gets them back in. 2-1

Joreilly Chirino takes home PotM with 8.8, and despite his miscue, Achmed Ahahaoui breaks the 7.5 barrier.

vs VVZ '49 (5th)
D: Tom van der Linden/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
MC: Pascal Hettinga/Amar Sedjic

14 - My boy Sedjic snags a clearance and wings out to Ahahaoui. The veteran passes into box space and team captain Schut steps up for the gorgeous diagonal shot for his first goal after his injury layoff 1-0

Sedjic twisted his knee, so we go with a 4-1-5 Wide at half, with Leocadio coming in as the third striker up front.

71 - van Oosterom subs in for Hoekstra at DC at the latter's request.

77 - Sigh. 1-1

80 - Leocadio blasts the ever-living hell out of the ball into wide-open box space. Chirino is first to the ball and runs into the box, sinking the snapback. Romeyn is in as our last sub at DL 2-1

91 - Romeyn makes me look brilliant with the interception and pass to Leocadio at midfield. He has all the time in the world before he passes to Schut for the out right into space. Ahahaoui gets it and crosses. Keeper tries to stop it but he can't hang on to the ball and Schut is there first to sink the empty netter and lock up the win and 2nd place! 3-1

8.9 and PotM for Achmed Ahahaoui, 8.8 for Derk Schut, and 7.6 for Joreilly Chirino. Sitting next game will be Sefa Kurt, who has been on my staff's shitlist anyway and played an awful 6.2 this outing.

@ ASC Nieuwland (10th)
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Bastin Verweij/Arjan Netjes
MC: Max Oostenrijk/Pascal Hettinga

42 - Oostenrijk's corner finds Hoekstra, whose shot is blocked by a defender. But Chirino sneaks up behind and blasts the mid-range shot in. We should up be by 3 at this point, but eh. 1-0

59 - Schut on the corner to Tesselaar. Keeper stops but can't grasp shot and it bounces off the defender, then off Hoekstra for a cheap ass first-ever Kampong goal. Hilarious, and I'll take it. 2-0

68 - Leocadio for Schut and striker switch

Robin Hoesktra played out of his ever-loving mind today, taking home the match ball with a 9.0 and Brian-Paul Tesselaar added a 7.5.

My name comes up linked to four different job openings. Not interested.

But someone else wants to talk to me about moving to a bigger club.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote