View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Congrats on the title! Looking forward to seeing how you get bored and take a crap job in another country/otherwhise muck things up. I mean, keep performing brilliantly and win another promotion. Yeah, that's totally what I was thinking.

I'm going to *try* actually carrying a team to the top. Then when I get bored I'll switch to a crap job in another country. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
unsubscribe

I figured you could correct me on that horrendous butchering

We lost a little over $25,000 last year. In consequence, the board has initially cut the budget to $173.5k and $9.6k respectively. Which is what I expected. The local zoning commission blocks our move. Not a big deal IMO.

Transfer Out - DLC Ertuc Yildirim (Belgian) (20 - To Jodam Boys - $5.5k
This one hurts. He was a key part of our DL rotation with Brian-Paul Tesselaar since one or the other was frequently suspended due to yellows. I hate Jodam Boys by the way. Not only did those jerks steal Yildirim, they beat us out for a 24 year old Colombian AMC/ST who would have paired with Gokhan Pala up front.

Transfer Out - DC Sefa Kurt (26) - To VC Vlissingen - Non-Contract
Never quite trusted him, but it's still a blow to our DC depth.

Transfer Out - AML Moreno Doekhi (21) - To RBC - $9k
The bleeding continues of our star talent. We're not allowed to offer guaranteed money yet, so the raids just keep on coming. I don't think Achmed Ahahaoui has much left in the tank.

Transfer In - ML/AML Jeffrey Bok (25) - From Ter Leede
Will be in an interesting fight with Siebren Visscher for the starting AML gig. 11 Crossing, 12 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration and Pace, and some really nice Mental attributes. $140 PA.

Transfer Out - ML/AML Siebren Visscher (26) - To Alphense Boys - Non-Contract
Welp that solves that problem. Our fans were happy to see the back of him and the board thought he was a huge disappointment, so no worries.

Transfer Out - DR Hennos Asmalash (21) - To Quick '20 - $7k
This, on the other hand, really hurts. He was a damn rock and one of the few guys not to be yellow card prone. Good thing we still have Jamie Jaliens on hand.

Transfer Out - DC/DM Patrick Ozinga (22) - To WKE - Non-Contract
Stunned by this. And yes, that's three of our four backline starters from last season who have been stolen. Ugh!

Transfer In - MC Rick Sour (28) - From TEC vv

I think he's way better than my staff is giving him credit for. Cheap, too - $85 PA, $3 Unused sub fee.

Loan In - DL Joost van Duijin (18) - From Quick Boys - $1,800 salary (50%)
Sky-high potential on this kid. He's grumpy about the fitness coaching on hand, but I'll slot him in as a starter and see how he goes. Physically, a great player.

Transfer In - ST Michael Rijna (27) (Curacaoan) - From SCM
Explosive physical player loaded with Flair (17), Teamwork (14), and Work Rate (13), to say nothing of 11 Finishing and Heading. I project he'll be this year's Gokhan Pala - Lower leagues star who explodes into relevance on our playable league team. $90 PA.

@ Alphense Boys
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Joost van Duijin/Adhil Mahdadi/Robin Hoesktra/Jamie Jaliens
MC: Rick Sour/Jeroen Folkers
AMLR: Jeffrey Bok/Achmed Ahahaoui
ST: Gokhan Pala/Michael Rijna

Well, overall we got worse on the backline, are about the same at midfield, and improved in the striker realm. Tiago Faria da Silva has picked up his third injury already and it's safe to say he won't get a permanent contract. Derk Schut is still captain for the third year in a row, despite being relegated to third choice striker, with newcomer Jeffrey Bok as vice-captain and poised to take over once Schut drops further.

The board is demanding a top-half finish in this promotion season. Um, okay?

55 - Pala runs back to get the pass from Sour, then delivers it to Rijna in the half-circle. Defense swarms in and the lay off to Folkers gives an open shot that converts! 1-0

60 - Pala is out for Schut; Oostenrijk who is training to be AMR comes on for tired Ahahaoui in a danger move.

61 - CLEAR THE BALL ON THE CORNER YOU MAGGOTS! 1-1

66 - Screw this backline. Seriously 1-2

78 - Sour charges with fire and intercepts, then longballs it for Schut to dribble in the box and fire a breathtaking mid-range that hits the nets! 2-2

92 - WHAT THE HELL?!?! RIJNA WAS ONSIDES!!!!!! EFF YOU UP THE BUM, YOU STUPID BLIND FREAKING REF!!!!!!

The post-match commentary even talks about how badly we got screwed on that call.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote