View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #137
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's very strange to call people like Harris and Booker as "Sanders clones" to me. For one, they are diametrically opposed to Sanders' views that race issues are simply a subset of class issues, and that if you fix the class issues, you'll fix the race issues. That's a MASSIVE difference in basic ideology there.

Of course I find it even more amusing considering Sanders fans can't STAND Harris or Booker. Booker is called Republican-lite by some of them (like I've heard quasi-facist being applied to Harris). Speaking of DA limits - there are many choices one can make as DA - being against body camera bills and being for mass incarceration are choices that other DAs haven't made in blue states.

And if you are depending on charismaless guys like Hickenlooper and Ryan to defeat Trump, you've already conceded IMO. They'll never beat him. They are like Mike Dukakis or John Kerry pt. 2. Biden has a shot, but he's gotta be better - his response to the Harris attack on him was lame and if that's how he's going to be, he's getting eaten alive (same goes with Ryan and his response to the Gabbard exchange - & she's as loony as Trump).