View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dongou and Powell are getting youth caps for Spain and England respectively. I stick with my small pitch

We defeat Port Vale 2-0 in our friendly vs them. We lose 0-1 to Stoke. Andre Amougou should be pissed. I was willing to offer 8k for him to start for me, but we wanted 15k as a starting figure. He ended up signing for another team in the league for 4.3k. By demanding too much, he screwed himself. I would have loved having such a pacy defender.

A player sold before my term with a sell on clause will net us 130k over the next 18 months.

It’s August 1, and I take a last look around, to see if anybody has fallen through the cracks. I have budget space for someone awesome. Big names currently on the market include Arjen Robben, Argentian national Fernando Gago, Maxi Rodriguez, and others. Several lesser big names will come, but want 15k or 20k. Internationals or good players such as Juan Manuel Olivera or Granddi Ngoyi. One though begins negotiating at 10k. Maybe we could come to a deal - name of Stef Nijland, Dutch, plays AM C. Just 24. Stef looks pretty nice – physicals stats are 12, 15, 13, 14, 15, 13, 14, 16. Technical has 14 dribb, 12 first touch, 10 finish, 12 head, 11 long shots, 12 pass, 13 technique. Mentals all strong too. He’s better than any of my guys. I could actually put him in an AMC spot. Move McKee to Stewart’s location. This is a strong player. I wonder how much I can get him to. Hold on. 9750k and match highest earner, runs through 2017 Do I finalize the deal? That’s a strong input of talent to my squad. He just plays AMC, but I could start traning him for generic MC and AMR to give him more flexibility. I was not happy with Stewart’s play in L1 last year, and now he’s upgraded. When I signed him, I didn’t expect him to be starting at this level. Let’s do it. I finalize the deal. He agrees. I can cancel the deal if I want to. I don’t.

Say hello to Stef Niljand, my third Dutch signing of the window. I make Molhoek my vice captain this season. Time to massage my tactics again. Now I really have too many middies

I offer Jones for loan, Westwood for transfer, and I move Davisson to a season long loan at an affiliate. Jones is loaned to Shrewsbury, Davisson heads out, and I have accepted offers for Westwood.

Nijland

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-28-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote