View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #630
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Great game guys. Even seeing the mechanics under the hood there were some really surprising moments. Darth almost won that last immunity challenge, despite being way behind the rest on the necessary stats - he had some lucky die rolls. Racer did pull off that immunity win right when he needed it as well. I was determined not to fudge any of the results and was pleasantly surprised to see how often we had a close finish, and an interesting one, despite that.

Interestingly we had one alliance spring up on either side right away, and then a group of people on each tribe who didn't really think about alliances until much later. I felt really bad for the Werewolves who kept getting into a worse and worse situation. Part of that was just random - the Villagers had better Teamwork and Puzzle skills which were important early. A lot of it was their camp - since they were losing health every day they couldn't afford the extra effort that the Villagers put in. And then part was just some bad luck.

I loved how some people got into the fun of it - I got some great quotes for the camera as you guys submitted votes. If I had this kind of time it would have been fun to have a separate thread for the TV viewing audience to use this kind of stuff, open only to people not playing.

One thing that struck me from behind the scenes was a lot of incorrect assumptions. One of them was that each tribe assumed that Hoopsguy or Danny was running things on the other tribe. This was natural, but in reality they were not among the first to jump into the social game. It was fun to watch each tribe make the same mistake.

I really feel the mechanics of this game were flawed.
The basic outline didn't even give us a clue as to what was good for what in challenges. To put luck and randomness into it really screwed up the game for me. It seems that it really didn't matter how we turned in actions for challenges as it was still just a "roll of the dice" to see who won, but none of our "actions" were put into play.

The endurance challenge where I won my "bracket" I sent in to slack off and not try hard and yet I still won and lost even more health because of it . The rules and outline really needed to be cleaned up for this to run smooth IMO. After that I really just kinda did what needed to be done in the game, but knew I didn't have a chance to win immunity at all in this game which really takes away from the game. I mean I was a frickin' brain surgeon yet I sucked at puzzles and teamwork? I know it sounds like sour grapes and it's not, but it really did take away from the game for me at least.

my 2 cents
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote