View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #645
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
See, I thought the challenges were fine. There should be luck involved. And the strategy needs to come into play too, to some extent, if only to give everyone a feeling of some control.

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to have a detailed breakdown of what all my skills meant. It would have made the game feel to technical.

The one improvement I'd suggest for future seasons: allow everyone more than one PM per round. The fun of Survivor is all the behind-the-scenes negotiating and backroom politics, and everyone should get to be involved in that as much as possible. I'd allow three as a minumum (with people still able to spend a point to get more).

The private messaging is one thing I wondered about. I had a hard time guessing what a good amount was. I wanted it to be limited enough that there was tension between messaging and working on camp. I'd be interested in feedback on what people thought would work better.

And yes, in true FOF fashion I was trying to keep the stats under the hood enough that it wasn't obvious you were playing a text sim, and kept a bit in the dark about how the challenge would work. Yet at the same time, if everybody put their stats out there and coordinated well that you would do better.

I also tried to make some tension there - so that people who weren't good at challenges, for instance, might not want to reveal all their stats and be an easy target. Did anybody think that way? Or worry about revealing how good they were at things?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote