View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #85
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Betsy Dunbar Results

Well the results from Sunday weren't exactly what I expected...In fact, I was really quite surprised...

Bailey

All and all Bailey had a pretty poor outing...in her defense she was starting to come down with a cold that I fought with on Thursday night and am still dealing with the after effects today - so that had to hinder her performance a bit...

200 Free - 3:14.55
This was a very disappointing result. I was shocked at how slow Bailey looked here. I did find out the seed time wasn't a conversion time, but rather a made up time by the coach in an effort to put Bailey (and Bear) into a heat of swimmers of similar ability levles...unfortunately, Bailey didn't do well. We really need to get her catch worked our on the Free...

100 Back - 1:42.12
Another poor result...way to much bouncing in the stroke and the chin was down creating too much drag. These are issues she didn't have on Thursday so I'm not sure why they cropped up here, unless she is putting to much pressure on herself in a year round meet.

50 Free - 40.12
This was about where she's been recently, and being the last event of the day I can write off a 1 second drop in time to fatigue, though I really believe improved arms will drop this time significantly...

(also need to clean up our dives...Bailey has gotten really deep for some reason which is slowing her down)

----------------------------------------

Bear

Bear had an excellent meet...

200 Free - 2:56.74
Bear swam an impressive time, but Bear really embraces the longer distances and more difficult strokes (fly). He prides himself in being tougher than his competition and it showed here. This is now one of his favorite events and his time is almost 20 seconds faster than Bailey...so that toughness is starting to show...

50 Breast - 54.41
Bear's time here is almost identical to Time Trials...and he was actually high in this stroke. If he'll clean up his lines and concentrate on pushing forward I could see a 52 flat range swim...but he won't get many more chances at this before the season ends.

50 Free - 38.04
Bear's time here is faster than Bailey's best by a good bit, and Bailey has for quite a while been the fastest Freestyler due to her strong kick. Bear's hard work in practice continues to pay off. He just misses a state cut here by .15 seconds (actually made the girls cut time).

Last edited by Breeze : 06-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote