View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #93
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer Swim Team

Laurel Springs Piranhas vs CRC Stingrays

Last year when we swam against Laurel Spring we won by 4 points - 400 to 396. This is the difference between a first and second or a second and third place finish - flip flop the order of any finish and we've got a tie...

This year will be close again because of the fact our good swimmers in the older age groups will be able to swim multiple events, but I think we'll lose by about 30 points...

----------------------------------------------------

Bailey

After her strong backstroke last week, she has been moved to that leg in the medley relay...the freestyler will take over the Breast and the Backstroker will move to Free...

Bailey will also swim the IM and Fly. She is excited about the fly because she fells (and rightfully so in my opinion) this is her best stroke right now. I have urged her to work on sprinting it and only taking 1 breath...thus improving her chances of reducing her time. In the IM I'm hoping she'll beat the 1:26 time the other year round swimmer on the team posted last week.

-------------------------------------------------
Bear

Bear will not swim the fly this week and he's a bit disappointed. That stroke is going to the other year round swimmer. Bear get the back and IM. This will be an important week for Bear as he'll need to decide what he's going to swim at County and these two strokes are the top choices to go along with the fly. He'll still swim fly in the Medley Relay

------------------------------------------------
Brett

No change for Brett in his individual strokes. Still has the IM and Breast. He'll have a shot to win in Breast I believe, but he'll get killed in IM...In the Medley relay they have moved him back to breast (but it won't matter they'll still get killed)
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote