Thread: I Am A Vampire
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 01:25 AM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

Initial Roster
QB: Brees & Prescott- This was a big deal as it wasn't so much about getting a great QB as it was getting great early season matchups, which these two gave me. A strong base to try and pull an early season upset or two and get at least a competitive roster.

RB: McCoy, C. Thompson, D. Lewis- I don't think McCoy had been traded to KC yet but he might have. Either way, it gave me a potential 3 down back, which I was over the moon about. The other two were the best receiving options out there that I could at least pray for a decent week from in a PPR league.

TE: Hooper & Andrews- Had these guys on my sleeper lists during all my bestball drafts and was ridiculously excited to get both of them in a league I could start them both. Andrews volume wasn't going to be there but I saw him as at worst the #2 receiver in Baltimore and Hooper was part of a high powered offense.

WR: Gallup, Samuel, Montcrief, T. Smith, Renfrow, Coutee, Ross- The only guy I really loved on this list was Gallup. The numbers post Cooper trade were too good to ignore and I'm still wishing I had drafted more of him in bestball, especially since the other guys in his range I grabbed a lot of were Miller & Montcrief. Samuel was a lottery ticket that I hoped would be the #2 WR in what I thought could be an undervalued SF passing attack despite being injured most of pre season. Coutee was hurt at the time, which was likely why he fell out of our draft, but the reports were for an early season return and I had him ranked highly, especially in PPR. This was pre Stills trade. T. Smith was another lottery ticket, potential breakout 2nd WR in a high powered attack. Renfrow was just a volume dart toss post AB. Ross was someone I grabbed a boatload of at the end of every bestball draft, especially when AJ Green went down and I was pleased as punch to get him here.

K: Vinatieri

D: Cowboys- LOVED getting them with that early season schedule.

Did I think this team was good? No, but I had stumbled into some potential producers, and with a little luck, maybe I could steal a win or two early and compete for a playoff spot in a league where you only have to be 6th out of 10 to do so.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote