Thread: I Am A Vampire
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 05:19 PM   #11
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 4

So I expected the law of averages to catch up to me here, and it turned out to be quite the wild ride.

His Rodgers outscored Mahomes 29-18, a disappointing start.

Cook & Johnson combined for 34 to his 37 from Conner & Freeman.

At WR, Hardman actually had -.10 points for me while Hollywood scored a mere 4. That's ugly. Conversely, a big game from Evans helped him total 22 from his wideouts despite a poor performance from Boyd.

Kelce (12) vs Andrews (11) was a wash.

The flexes would give me a boost as McCoy (16) & Ross (5) outdid the combined 12 he got from Gordon & Kirk.

Special teams gave me a big boost as Slye netted 13 points and the Cowboys scored 16, compared to the 4 points he got from Gostkowski and the 0 points the Ravens got against the Browns.

So how did I do? Well, heading into the Pit/Cincy MNF game, I had the lead. But I fully expected his Boyd/Conner combo to overcome my Ross start. And late in the 4th quarter he pulled ahead. But then fate smiled upon me as 2 important things happened. Firstly, Ross caught a pass to give me a 1 point lead. Then, with about 4 minutes left, on 3rd down, Boyd was targeted but it was incomplete AND the Steelers were called for a hold, giving Cincy a fresh set of downs that they did nothing but run clock with. The Steelers got the ball back with less than 2 minutes remaining and a few kneels later I escaped with a 1 point win. A Boyd reception or a Conner gain would have sunk me. Instead I prevailed.

Now the hard part. Looking back I regret my decision on who to steal. Conner was probably the best choice, and an injured Hill on his bench might have been just as good a choice. But I had hesitation on both and instead grabbed Mike Evans, using the first of my available 2nd round steals. Oh well, It's not that I don't like Evans, but all things being equal, I should have taken one of the other two guys.

In any event I was now 4-0 and suddenly looking at something pretty remarkable building.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote