Thread: I Am A Vampire
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #22
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
WEEK 6

Besides sitting CMC, my opponent also had Josh Jacobs on bye. I had Gore & Hollywood on bye so that's a win for me as they're fringe starts for me at this point anyway. The projection still only had me as a 6 point favorite.

He probably regretted his decision to sit the Darnold/Crowder combo which would have netted him 37 points. Instead he went with Garoppolo/Sanders/Kupp and came away from it just a combined 17 points from his passing game. I rolled with Mahomes (25), Evans (16) & Gallup (7).

The RB battle was fairly even as Cook/Johnson brought me 36 points compared to 39 for his Elliott/Peterson unit.

I obliterated him at TE as Hooper outdid Ertz 22-5.

Jeffrey & DJ Moore in the flex were his bright spots, pickng up 19 & 12, while Andrews & Jones managed just 14 points between them.

I bested him in the kicking game 15-13 while his Redskins 15 outdid my Cowboys 6.

The final score? A 142-119 romp for my Blood Suckers, and a 6-0 record.

Now it was time to decide who to plunder. CMC was protected and Elliott (1st rounder) was off the table. I should have taken Jacobs, and looking back I'm not sure why I didn't. Instead I went with Kupp and regretted it almost instantly.

I know my reasoning was that Adams would likely miss a few more weeks, Hollywood was hurting, and Gallup had been injured and quiet since his strong start, but Jacobs would have been the better choice for sure.

Why in the world would anyone not start CMC?