View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #1431
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I don't want to respond to a dozen different posts, so I'll try to summarize my thoughts in one post.

King and Anxiety...I now understand what you were doing with all of your fighting. At the time you were doing it, I was totally confused. I was pretty sure one or both of you didn't realize you were in the same faction and I couldn't figure out how to let you know. Anxiety, I did notice your slip by using the word "our" and I'm really surprised that nobody pointed it out. Toward the end of the whole fight, I was sure that everyone would know that you were part of the faction.

A bunch of people were surprised to learn that WVU was an assassin, but I had him pretty well pegged. Since I knew from the beginning that Bullet was a leader, I had a different point total than most other people. While I posted a list totaling 21 points, my own total was really 24. The only way I could get close to 27 points was to take all of WVU's non-posts and change them from a negative point penalty to a positive point penalty. I would have come out with all of this soon since everyone now knew about Bullet.

I was also starting to be suspicious of st.cronin, but I had no clue about Fouts. I probably would have gone down protecting him.

If we played a few more games like this without making any changes, I think the results would be much different. Since nobody knew how the points really worked or what a good strategy would be, all of the nobles joined together to kick out the assassins. After a few more games, the nobles would probably try to fight against each other a bit more. We could probably also take away the minor victory for having a different leader crowned king. If there is only a victory for your guy getting crowned, or all assassins killed, there would be more in-fighting.

All in all, a very fun concept which probably would be very interesting if schedules would permit people to be more active.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote