View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 12:31 PM   #29
cuervo72
Head Coach

Heck, there is probably still a decent amount of money held by some Silent Generation folks -- like my in-laws. No idea how much they have in particular, but I'm pretty sure it's more than my Boomer parents.

There will probably be some redistribution, but I'm generally in agreement that it's more a select number of rich booomers who will be passing to a select number of X/Millennial/whatever. On the whole I'm not sure it's going to really help.

(It's funny, more and more I compare trickle-down economics to...FOBL finances. About 15 years in or so, the league had gotten to the point where some owners made money by tanking -- tanking was identified as the best way to compete well before NBA/MLB GMs got there -- but enough owners were tuned out so they sat on the money. Now, FOBL was a little different because it was a closed system (overall money remained constant), but this resulted in decreased FA salaries, which led to less money "velocity". While overall money remained constant, the available money dried up. Things only got better when we instituted a cash cap. Then, more money became available, FA prices went up, everything became livlier.)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-20-2024 at 12:32 PM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote