View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post

Some observations:
  • They've made the game "3d"... I have mixed feelings about it. It's mainly the map that's in 3d, I don't think unit graphics are.
  • It looks like they've really tightened up the interface significantly.
  • There's a much more reasonable military command and control structure in the game now.
  • It looks like they doubled the number of territories.
  • I think I read that the game is going to be less event-based and more emergent. That would be great, but I'm afraid the AI will blow it.

By 3d, I think they mean in the same sense that EU3 went 3d when they released it.

I don't doubt that the interface will be better, they seem to have done a decent job with that and gameplay of late in their games.. The issues I -STILL- have with their games are:

- Sometimes the games are unplayable not till the first patch, but until like the second expansion pack. I hate saying this since I have gotten so much enjoyment out of Paradox games, but they almost are a non-buy for me now until at least the first expansion pack if not the second one.

- Multiplayer in paradox games is at least 10 years behind any decent game these days. It is overly buggy and painful to run.

If they improved these two areas in this game, I imagine it will be another great game for them.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote