View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

(Let's fight!)

With immense courage and determination, you resolve to confront Zashnor and slay the evil Nadziran in personal combat. You unsheathe your Kai Weapon, unlock the wheelhouse door, and step out onto the rain-swept stern deck. Zashnor has dismounted from the Zlanbeast and it is about to step onto the gangplank. It sees you and immediately it unleashes a powerful wave of psychic energy with the intention of disabling you before you can launch your attack.

(I use Kai Screen)

Zashnor’s psychic assault hits you with the force of a charging bull and knocks you flat on your back.

(I have grand Thane rank)

Reeling from the impact of this powerful psychic assault, you draw upon your advanced Discipline to absorb and transform the hostile psychic energy into a remarkably positive physical effect: restore 10 ENDURANCE points.

Zashnor senses that something is wrong and immediately it ceases its psychic assault.

(Fully healed)

You scramble to your feet and face your enemy. Zashnor has reached the bottom of the gangplank and it levels the Claw of Naar at your chest. Its initial psychic attack has failed to stop you and now it launches a magical attack that it hopes will put paid to you once and for all. The tip of the Claw erupts into a terrifying ball of lighting that arcs across the deck at blinding speed.

Pick a number from the Random Number Table. If you possess the Discipline of Grand Huntmastery, deduct 2 from the number you have chosen.

If your total is now 3 or lower, you lose 3 ENDURANCE from damage caused by the lightning bolt.

If your total is now 4–6, you lose 5 ENDURANCE from damage caused by the lightning bolt.

If your total is now 7 or 8, you lose 7 ENDURANCE from damage caused by the lightning bolt.

If your total is 9, you are engulfed and consumed by the ferocious ball of lightning. Zashnor will recover the Eye of Agarash from your smouldering remains and marry it with the Claw of Naar. The weapon thus created will give the Nadziran the ability to unleash a fireball so powerful that it will incinerate Dwala and all of its inhabitants at one fell stroke. Tragically, you will no longer be able to prevent this catastrophe, for your life and your mission ends here.

( I toss a 7 and get a 5. I take 5)

A stunning transformation is taking place before your disbelieving eyes. The grey cloaked Nadziran dissolves into a swirling cloud of milky mist that expands and solidifies into a scaly dragon, with frosty-white hide and black fathomless eyes. It opens its jaws to reveal an array of razor-sharp fangs. It roars loudly and a freezing gust of super-cold breath engulfs you, leaving you shivering and chilled to the bone. Your Magnakai Discipline of Nexus saves you from a swift and icy death, but Zashnor seizes the advantage its transformation and breath attack has gained and it comes bounding towards you with murderous intent.

(I use KA)

You raise and extend your right arm and point your fingers at the Claw of Naar. You intone the words of the Brotherhood Spell Lightning Hand and feel a tingle of power run the length of your arm and explode with a blinding flash from your fingertips. A bolt of pure energy streaks toward the Claw and strikes the twisted shaft, sending it skittering away across the deck beyond Zashnor’s reach. The fell dragon shrieks angrily and slashes at the deck with its powerful talons, gouging and scarring its timbers. You rush forwards with your Kai Weapon unsheathed and poised to strike. You are determined to exploit Zashnor’s unfocused fit of wild rage and slay this evil adversary where it stands.

Zashnor rises to its full height and roars at the sky. As if in answer to its rage, there is a sudden thunderclap and several bolts of lightning streak down from the roiling black clouds to strike all along the stone pier. The storm reaches its cacophonous peak when you launch your attack on the evil sorcerer.

Zashnor (in Ice Dragon form): COMBAT SKILL 54 ENDURANCE 52

Zashnor is immune to Mindblast, and has partial resistance to Kai-surge and Kai-blast. If you possess Kai-surge and use it during this combat, you may add 4 points to your COMBAT SKILL at a cost of 1 ENDURANCE point per round. If you possess the advanced Grand Master Discipline of Kai-blast and use it during this combat, you may pick only 1 number from the Random Number Table to determine the damage inflicted upon the Nadziran, at the cost of 4 ENDURANCE points. If you use the Kai Weapon ‘Valiance’ or ‘Spawnsmite’ you may add the bonus that you gain from its unique properties during this combat.

The Eye of Agarash becomes active throughout this combat. It drains you of 1 ENDURANCE point per round until the combat ends.

(I use Alether Berries prior to combat and I get a +1 as I brought Spawnsmite with me. That gives me a base CS of 59, which is +5. I do use KS to give me a +9 and I'll lose two a turn (he;ll lose one a turn with my enhanced Grand Weaponmastery Ready?

Let's do it!

First die is a 2. He takes 9 to my 5.

Next is a 5. He takes 12 to my 4.

Next is a 4. He takes 11 to my 4. Total damage - him 32 me 13 plus 5 so 18 damage total.

Next? I toss a 8. He loses 16 to my 2.then a 1. He loses 8 to my 5. He dies and i lost 25 damage total)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote