View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 PM   #23
C-Bailey
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
Very good question...I wonder myself as I do a lot of the same. A few thoughts:

"Best" is not defined ( I think it is by overall, as opposed to doubling which goes by routerunning), I would just stick to manually setting him opposite the WR you want. On this note make sure the SE is lining up at SE and not elsewhere using the logs.

Perhaps the caught against is applied to the relevant zone cover guy.

Finally, I am starting to look at the plus minus more. Maybe his coverage was good versus the catches but it was complete anyway i.e. perfect throw or the zone defender messed up.

Hope to hear back from you on this and I can share some of my own data and process as well.

Can you effectively matchup or exploit matchips is prolly my top question about FOF8 game planning.

Well i took "best" to mean by overall which i believe is what the help file says so i used the scouted overall as a guide to the way i set things up. As far as the catch being applied to the zone cover guy that i can understand but as i stated before from going through the log that i counted about 4-5 to five plays where my defensive call was Man Coverage and this particular WR caught the ball yet the box score only charged my CB with one catch against all game. My problem is not with the resulting stat line from this opposing WR but rather if my top guy was supposed to be on him anytime man coverage was called no matter where he's lined up (follow top WR checked) then my CB should have been charged with more catches against him IF the mechanic is working as it should. But digging through this log has seemed to make me believe this "strategy" is cosmetic at best.
C-Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote