View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #7215
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Freaky Friday...reboot. It's very solid! Still works. ALl the way around. Not a weak link in the cast. Read some stuff about it. The original mom desired was Jodie Foster...since she played the daughter in the original but she rejected the idea because she didn't want that to be the focus...then....they cast Annette Bening. Annette...f***in Bening. I cannot see THAT at all. She wouldn't have been able to do the comedy. She dropped like right before shooting luckily and they got Curtis. OH SO PERFECT CASTING and perfect timing for her. Reviews said they were surprised how good she was but she's ALWAYS done comedy REALLY WELL. They must have missed the whole Fish Called Wanda thing. But I do agree that this was a new TYPE of film for her. The Family film. And she did it where she actually HAD a teenage daughter so it really was perfect for her. I really liked how elegant she was in the role. And then after the switch she let loose. Now the daughter...Lindsey Lohan...yes a name I've grown sick of hearing but I think her 10 minutes is up. But seriously she did a phenomenal job. Every step of the way after the switch I bought. And the emotional part at the end...she nailed it. So good. The supporting roles were good. Mark Harmon is without his usual charm as the stuffy boyfriend. Works for the scenes tho. The grandpa was playing by legendary actor Harold Gould....I guess that was who was supposed to be parodied in the That's Lobstertainment episode of Futurama "Harold Zoid". With Hank Azaria doing another accent. The kid is actually REALLY good too. Bratty but lovable. Also a nice cameo role by Rosalind Chao (who was on M*A*S*H and Deep Space 9 STTNG) with the fortunre cookie thing. It was nice to use mysticism and kind of explain it a little more. Whereas the original doesn't even explain anything. The guitar scene btw was actually really fun having real Curtis playing guitar offstage.. Lohan and Curtis both took extensive lessons how to play...then in the end they were dubbed over with session musicians. sad trombone. The update of a band from a field hockey team was better. But sadly no Alice Ghostley to taunt them.

9/10
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote