View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #7229
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame were directed by the Russo brothers. These are the stand outs of the MCU, along with Ragnarok.

I can't see Infinity War enough. Thor in that movie is one of my favorite characters of all time.

They all are just good super hero movies.

I was always under the assumption that they job they did in Winter Solider and Civil War was what got them Infinity War and Endgame.

Infinity War is the real standout movie of the MCU. I've never seen so much plot packed into a movie. There's no rising tension - you're just dropped straight in where Ragnarok left off and expected to have paid attention to the previous 20 movies where 5 and 10 minutes were stolen here and there. However, you are given characterization: Thanos is the star of the show and, to a lesser extent, Gamora. And it's all well done. There are only a couple of parts that kindof drag a little (Thor's axe plot comes to mind). Otherwise, it's just continuing plot after plot from the previous movies to the climax. It was the perfect capstone to the MCU.

And then Endgame was like a resolution and character movie to help you sort out the character arcs for everyone and start setting up what comes next.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote