View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Disboards is a very good resource as well, and my wife has another one that she likes a lot but the name escapes me at the moment. Those larger fan run & fan focused sites are great for a lot of things including Hidden Mickeys (the popular & the obscure), daily on-site updates about ride closures/crowding/etc, emerging issues (or good stuff) at resorts, etc. While there's a lot of stuff that's from/for hardcore Disney freaks, I've always thought they were friendly enough for newbies & to this day I still learn new tricks almost every time I read them.

Also, since this thread has got some 1st timers (or 1st time with young kids) viewing, make sure you know about the "baby swap" (the official name eludes me). Basically you ride Everest or whatever while the wife holds the baby then you get off & hold the baby while she goes to ride w/out going back through the line.

When these trips get closer make sure you necromance the thread or start a new one, there's a lot of little stuff (like getting to wake Tinkerbell at MK or riding with the conductor up front on the monorail) that ought to be tipped off as well.