View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

Spring Valley Baseball (Mogul)

The idea of the league is a simple one. It's 1970, 8 cities in close proximity to each other, 4 in New Jersey and 4 in Pennsylvania, all hugging the scenic Delaware river, are starting a little fast pitch league. Each town has a team, and over the course of April and May each year will play a 42 game schedule, each team playing each other 6 times, 3 at home and 3 away.

I created a fictional league with 8 teams and did a fantasy draft, drafting for the first 10 rounds for my team and then letting the computer do the rest. I generated a stadium for each team.

The setup is also incorporating some house rules different than the straight ahead style of mogul I usually play. I've given all 8 teams ton of cash, more than they'll ever need, and maxed out contract extensions, contract length and resigning of own free agents. In essence I'm trying as hard as I can to force the AI to keep their own players forever.

As far as my team goes and my house rules for the game go, it's simple. You can't turn off minors in mogul, so I'll still have that and I'll draft to stock my team, but in the world of my mind, no player exists until he's on the big club, because of course a small town fast pitch league doesn't actually have a minor league.

I will not sign any free agent until March 15th, at this point the pickings should be very slim as the AI teams will have had more than enough time to sign anyone they want.

No trading at all.

My roster locks on April 1st. From that point on I'm allowed to make 3 roster moves and 3 roster moves only, and they can only be "calling up" guys from the minors, no free agent signings.

So we'll see how it goes, could be fun, could be something I burn out on. I like to play out my games in Mogul but I usually burn out quickly, I figure with a season that only lasts 42 games and adding some fictional flavor the universe I can stay with it for a while. So let's get started.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote