View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #321
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Sure looks like it. FTR, before I got to your pronunciation of it, I thought it was either the way you pronounce it, or Eliza, or Eleeza. I think the problem is that there are several different ways you could pronounce it, which causes the issue. It probably isn't your fault, per se, but rather the fact that slightly different/derivative names are pronounced in multiple ways. So, this name seems to be a combination of those different names, resulting in confusion for others. Also, I'm sure that somewhere, there is a child named Elisa whose parents pronounce it differently than you.

We have a somewhat similar problem with our last name - there are 3 different ways to pronounce it, and I prefer the "middle of the road" variation, but living in the south, I have always had to put up with the "long A" variation. I've just learned to live with it, correcting it where it was possible but not bothering with it in most situations.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote