View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #82
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, with no Weekly Super Shows this month (I'll look at the financials at the end of the month and see what they look like), it's the Spartanburg Memorial Auitorium, and it's time for the

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 1 June Att:3,217

Pre-Card: In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Chic Donovan in 7:30 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock.

In an extremely short match, Eddie Gilbert defeated The Colorado Kid in 5:25 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. (D-) (Colorado Kid off his game)

Main Card:

Bill Dundee calls out Austin Idol: "Idol, I know you and your cronies are back stage. I have a tag team back stage, that wants a piece of you... so how about tonight we do a little 3 on 3 match.. you, Rich, and Bigelow against me and my tag team?"

Idol comes out: "Bill.. if you want the same treatment we gave Lawler and Slaughter, you got it. You're going to be the SECOND legend we run out of the CWA!" (C, Cornette helped Idol)

Eddie Gilbert comes out: "I swore never to come to CWA while the stink of that (censored) Lawler was here.. but guess what? He's gone, and the CWA fans traded up, because they got Hot Stuff. I'm here, I'm hot, and I'm not going anywhere (E+, I think the fans do want him to go somewhere, anywhere away from here)

Jim Cornette, Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Tommy Rich are seen talking backstage. Cornette's voice is heard. "Don't worry. If we can't beat em, we'll buy em. We are the most elite congregation of wrestlers in the CWA.. and by hook, or crook, we will stay that way!" (D+)

In the final TV Title Tournament Quarterfinal (finally), In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shawn Michaels defeated Big Bubba in 7:31 by pinfall with a Superkick (D)

Bill Dundee comes out. "We have a pack of demons loose in the CWA. Bam Bam Bigelow. Tommy Rich. Austin Idol. They're right, they have the resources that mean any one who they think they can't beat, they'll buy off. But you see, I decided to do something Jerry would love. I decided to get me two men who the Golden Boys can't beat, and who they can't buy. I went down to a certain street in Atlanta, fought my way down to the last house on the right, knocked on the door, and invited these two men to the CWA.

They say to catch a thief, it takes a thief. So to help me beat three of the roughest, sneakiest sonofaguns in CWA, I brought in two of the roughest, sneakiest fighters in the world. Ladies and gentlemen, the CWA is now... FREEBIRD COUNTRY....."

Could it be? It most certainly could and it is, as to the strains of "Badstreet USA" Michael PS Hayes and Terry "BamBam" Gordy step out.. grinning at the fans..

They step into the ring, and shake hands with Bill Dundee.

Hayes: "You see, CWA, us Freebirdds are a touchy sort. We're no hand shaking, babykissin type of guys you have gotten used to in the CWA. We love a good fight, and a night out on the town. There ain't nothin those three "Golden Boys" can't do to us that we're not willing to do back to them.. So boys, you better be ready.. cuz when you step in that ring tonight, you're walkin down Badstreet USA, and you always know where to find us!" (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Scott Hall defeated Ricky Morton in 13:39 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge. (D+, Pringle did good work at ringside)

The main event was a memphis Brawl. The referee finally gave up on keeping both teams in their respective corners, and it turned into a Texas Tornado match.. The Golden Boys were flummoxed. They were willing to cheat, to do anything necessary to take out their opposition.. but so were the Freebirds, and the Freebirds were getting the fans behind them in doing so!

Finally, the end came, with Hayes and Dundee scrapping with Rich and Idol outside, Bigelow and Gordy were fighting inside.. Bigelow attempted to lift Gordy up for a powerbomb.. couldn't.. Gordy fought out, pushed Bigelow into the ropes, and on the rebound, hit Bigelow with the Oriental Spike! The three count was assured, and Dundee's new allies had won the first war with the Golden Boys!

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy and Bill Dundee defeated Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Tommy Rich in 15:41 when Terry Gordy defeated Bam Bam Bigelow by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (C)

The match is over, and Michael Hayes , Terry Gordy an Bill Dundee celebrate together in the ring for the fans. (C-)

(C- Show)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-31-2011 at 05:49 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote