View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #84
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, no Weekly Super Show.. we made a small profit last month (with the Super Shows in place) despite losing the TV revenue under the new contract.. that's a hopeful sign.

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 2 June from the Jake Gaither Gymnasium in Tallahassee, Florida Att:3,365 (SOLD OUT)

The show opens with the Freebirds and Dundee in the ring:

Dundee: "I hear the Golden Boys have skedaddled and aren't here this week while they lick their wounds and figure out what they're going to do next.."

Hayes: "Well, that's easy.. they're gonna continue to get their butts whooped all over the South! Have fun planning boys, but remember, we're the masters of the plan"...

(C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeated JT Southern and King Cobra in 8:26 when Dirty Rhodes defeated King Cobra by pinfall with a Piledriver. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 4 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D, Don Bass was off his game)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Michael Hayes defeated Mark Callous in 6:58 by pinfall with a DDT. (C-, the two have GREAT chemistry together.. something to keep in mind, not to mention the fact that it may be time to start building up Callous)

Eddie Gilbert is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match. (D-.. when will folks learn that making open challenges is an invitation to a butt-kicking? Not soon, I hope)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Terry Gordy defeated Tarzan Goto in 11:28 by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (C-, Bruce Prichard, Goto's "Translator" did some good work at ringside)

Eddie Gilbert's open challenge was met.. by the Marine Corps Hymm.. yup, the Sarge had accepted Eddie's open challenge... Pretty good match too, Eddie did look halfway decent, but in the end, was locked in the Cobra Clutch, and that was all they wrote.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Eddie Gilbert in 13:58 by submission with a Cobra Clutch. (C)

Slaughter addresses the fans: "I know that slimeball traitor Rich isn't here.. but I'll tell him this. He escaped last time, he won't escape this time. I don't endorse the tactics that Bill and his new friends are using, but sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire. And Wildfire, this ain't done between you and me!" (C)

(C- show, not bad for not having any of our top three heels at all)