View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #284
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Yesterday I collected 5 seasons worth of test data to compare against the real sim data, and found a few areas that need some more work.
  1. Running looks like it's close, but when you dig a little you see that the yardage is almost all coming from breakaway runs. There are very few 4-10 yard runs. I think that has to do with the blocking system, and should be fairly easy to tune.
  2. Passing is really close, but there aren't enough breakaway receptions. I made a small change to the running system that resulted in all those breakaway runs, so I think I can apply that (to a smaller extent) to the post-reception running situation.
  3. I also realized that digging in the data takes too much time. After exporting it, I have to pull it into my master spreadsheet and do some pivot tabling to it, then set up a way to view it easily. I'm kind of lazy, so that's too much work to do every time I want to run a test season. If there only was an in-game screen that could show me the stats for any category I needed.......

Yeah, It's finally time for the league leaders screen. It's going to be a huge help to view stats in-game, without having to do all the exporting/importing/formatting every time.