View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #176
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, I think there's an open debate there, even within the believer community.

Quick perusal of our rosters in this league, frex:

Baltimore Ravens

Washington Football Team

These are dynamic links, but as I write:

Baltimore is super-orderly, looking at the color groups in the two chemistry columns. QB, RB, RW groups all pure purple, OL pure green, the entire defense green with the only exception on the entire roster being DE Morrison, who will likely account for his mere 4 sacks with a pink slip. Wherever I can, my leaders are very high personality guys, too, so these are often maximum-level affinities. We are clearly super-committed.

Washington, your defending champions and winners of two of the last five seasons, is committed, but has rounded off many more edges. Two TE, two WR, two OL all in non-fitting chem groups. I didn't dig, but I'm presuming these are important and/or promising players...either too good to skip in the draft, or too important to pass up as free agents. From other peeking, I know that he appears less committed to the personality strength than I am, as well.

Bottom line - I make very few exceptions. Squirrel makes more of them. And in this tiny sample size, he's winning out over me. Washington is an ungodly 44-4 the last three seasons, Baltimore is a stout 34-14. He's winning titles, I'm running a dumbass anti-dynasty thread about how I'm "snakebitten."

Post-script. Nothing definitive here, of course. But I am definitely open to the notion that absolute slavery to the chemistry system is sub-optimal, and that merely paying attention to this, and using it as a dominant underbelly for all the marginal players on the roster might be the best lane to occupy. Perhaps something like "draft rounds 1 and 2 BPA, then shift to chemistry-only" or the like.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote