View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #200
QuikSand
lolzcat

Draft gets to 2.32, and my guy is still there, so why not?

Here's the report on the automated draft thread (A BELCo league feature) showing what the world of scouts see in him:

2073 Draft Thread - Page 9

My scout returned with a "Very Underrated" -- and my scouting is pretty solid, HC 100, DC 82, AHC 85. My in-game view makes his top three ranges top out around 80/65/72... which is really nothing special. If he makes it to that (and that's the top end of his apparent ratings) then he's basically a rotation-caliber DT/DE tweener. Not the worst late-2nd investment, I have certainly done a lot worse. But not exactly a game changer. To be a serious hit, the scouts will have to be right, and he will have to drift upward in ratings.

We are super thin at DL, I don't really like anyone out there in free agency, and my scouts are grooving on this "sociable" affinity-friendly guy, so why not. I mean - I did stress scouting to get these clowns in there to begin with. He likely gets a legitimate shot to play at least 1/3 duty right away, if he's anything but an immediate and colossal bust.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote