View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #321
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Winter Break

*Another crappy youth pull. Edmondson is a 19 yr old Forward who has 27 Accuracy (not even good enough for Amateur League) and is only lvl 22.

*I spend 133 Glory to upgrade the transfer list to 11 names.

*Still is 36 and I can't renew him. He will finish this season out and retire with the Des Moines Menace.

*It is time to say goodbye to Pennington. He's 32 yrs old and I need to get some value for him before he goes. I sell him for $583,000. He's had his ups and downs, but his 59 goals is a Des Moines record (I still have to update the 2nd post).

*I use this money to buy Hoffman, a Central Forward who only has 51 Accuracy, but has 84(!) Control. He's 29 yrs old, so I basically traded Pennington for someone 3 yrs younger who is a much worse shot, but will be able to dribble right through the defense.

*I extend Betts for 3 yrs, $150,969. A no brainer considering how useful he has been in counter attacks.

*I extend backup MF Stump for 3 yrs, $18,557. He will learn Long Pass in 7 months, which will make him and Shepard a deadly combo.

*I extend my most recent crappy youth pull Tellez for 3 yrs, $4,771. He's still young and will level up quickly if I need a quick CD replacement.

*I buy Midfielder Dewitt to be a backup. He has the Layoff Pass skill, which will be useful when he has to play.

*I sell Qualls for $96,500. He was useful for us as a backup MF and scored a few goals for us last season with Rainbow Feint, but his value far outweighs his usefulness to the current squad.

*This leaves me with a healthy $281,379. I have everyone but DF Still locked up for 19 months or more. I will need to replace him, but can always use Stout and just retrain him to be a DF.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote