View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #246
QuikSand
lolzcat

Squirrel's Washington team is rated #1 with its draft, with only a couple extra picks (late 1st, late 2nd) to fuel that.

Back to my ever-present contrast between him and me. I'm guessing he continues to evaluate and grab non-affinity players - a key difference (but not the only one) between us. I only go with non-affinity guys when I have no good option elsewhere.

Over the long haul, there simply has to be a delta between these approaches, right? I am constantly just bleeding out from my drafts. He's more or less drafting well and building a chemistry/cohesion framework around a constant infusion of young talent.

How do I overcome that? I feel like I make savvy decisions in free agency, and to some extent I'm freed up to do more there because I am not "burdened" by having tons of good rookies meriting a new contract in year 4/5. But can that possibly work, long term?

There's a new version of FOF coming someday. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern until then. I might have to chuck this whole approach, and try to become a smarter drafter in the next version.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote