Headers Won
60%
Yellow Cards
Red Cards
J Makela (14)D Webber (2)
Man of the Match
G McSheffrey (44)
Gary McSheffrey - Norwich

We totally dominate EPL relegated side Norwich in all but possession and score. 16 shots on goal is tremendous, but in the end they got better quality from their 3 and that made the difference. Preston Edwards is nowhere near the Keeper he was last Season and like it or not it is a good bet his situation is a huge distraction, not only to hi but the team. Makela continues to be our biggest weapon, but he is nowhere near the blistering start he got off to last year and our Offense as a whole is inconsistent. As usual Gary McSheffrey undoes my side. Its seems like whenever I turn around he is putting the sword to whomever I am coaching. I may need to pick him uo on a transfer, if for no other reason than he quits beating me!!

09/01/10 - Carling Cup 2nd round
Millwall - 4
Southend - 1
Millwall
Attendance:
Southend
Shots
On Target
Off Target
51%
Possession
49%
Corners
Free Kicks
Throw Ins
Fouls
Offsides
75%
Passes Completed
65%
28%
Crosses Completed
20%
83%
Tackles Won
62%
69%
Headers Won
50%
Yellow Cards
Red Cards
M McIndoe (7)Z Liptak (42)
J Makela (22)
Man of the Match
A Silva (38)
Juho Makela - Millwall
S Cummings (75)
Off - A Mayberry (34)

Great to draw an old league 1 foe that we own for our second round Carling derby, and sure enough we run Southend off the pitch. A varied attack that even sees Anderson Silva ruffle the Onion bag is responsible. Amazingly, Southend played tougher after going a man down, and even scored after they lost Mayberry, but the match was never in doubt as we net 4 of our 6 on target and hold the Southenders to only 2 that find the target. Cummings does a great job coming on late and seals the deal with a brilliant strike in the 75th. Another 40K and we are on to the next round!

Lion Tales - News and notes

Pocket Change
We get $130,000 due to the 30% sell-on clause for Carl Magnay's transfer from Swansea to Doncaster. Magnay, who joined Swansea from Millwall for $120K in 2009, is said to be eager to join up with his new teammates and impress his new head coach. This is a boost for us as we made a profit, though I doubt I will see any of it for our needs.

Here and gone
We snap up winger Fabián Yantorno from Gretna on a free transfer.
Yantorno made 87 league appearances for Gretna during the 3 years he spent at Raydale Park. Unfortunately his work permit is rejected and he will indeed to off to Castillo.

Sweating to the oldies
Your assistant coach Stanislav Varga has decided to give you some feedback on how training has been going over the past month.
The following players have trained well over the past month:
Ryan Smith (Attacking)
Paul Robinson (Defending)
Austin Carbon (Attacking)

One player in particular failed to impress in training during the past month:
Mark Haywood (Tactics)

Haywood is not getting the job done on the pitch either and may have to evaluate our neet.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote