View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #372
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

June Update

-- The Premier League transfer window opens on June 9th as well and I still have a crapload of last year’s transfer budget to spend if I so choose. Again, my hopes are to lure Paul Moses here on a permanent basis from Manchester United.

Premier League Monthly Awards

— Liverpool fullback Chanda Mbesuma wins Player of the Month accolades.

— Our very own Renato Gaucho wins Young Player of the Month honours, the 7th time he’s been given the award since joining our club in 2020.

— And hey, I win the Premier League Manager of the Month award for winning both of our games in May, including the shocking 3-2 away win at Manchester City in our final match of the year.

June Board Confidence Update

-- No change here: the board is very pleased with my overall leadership of the team. Stature increase is the positive and our ugly FA Cup semi-finals loss is the negative.

-- We made a profit of £26 million last month. We also have the chance to cash in on three buyout fees for a few clauses put into past transfer deals for Ross McLaughlin, Thomas Andersen and Carlo Cerbone - I will accept all three and pocket over £2 million! Cha Ching!

International Update

-- Six more players get called up by their respective countries: Louis Read (England U20s), Tomas Liska (Slovakia U20s), Salim Loucif (Algeria), Mwemere Mutesa (Rwanda), Shanon Andrea (Holland) and Manuel Perez (Mexico).

Contract Extensions

— I come to terms on three year contract extensions for midfielder Marcel Quade, goalkeeper Louis Read and fullback Hans Briers. Neither of the three will amount to much here but I will keep them on board either as reserves or loan them out, with the aim of selling them in the future.

-- We continue to make AND spend money and clear close to a two million pound profit but that was with a shocking asterisk, as we actually spent 8 million pounds less on transfers then player sales! We saw a nice spike in attendance too.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote