View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #410
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I haven't encountered a single real doctor who recommends any of the low carb diets

You're not looking. Again, I don't eat Whole30, but I swear by my (diabetic) life on low carb diets, as do MANY diabetics, as *should* all of them. Many doctors are coming around to this idea.

I'm not going to bother spending any more than a few seconds this time looking up information to dispute your ridiculous blanket claims, but it doesn't even take more than a second to prove that "a single real doctor" statement wrong:

https://www.dukehealth.org/find-doct...westman-md-mhs

Quote:
I am an associate professor of medicine, the director of the Duke Lifestyle Medicine Clinic, and medical director of the Duke Center for Smoking Cessation. I am board certified in internal medicine and obesity medicine, and I have a masters degree in clinical research. My clinical research and clinical care relate to lifestyle treatments for obesity, diabetes, and tobacco dependence, and I have over 90 peer-reviewed publications. I am currently the president of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians, and a fellow of the Obesity Society and the Society of General Internal Medicine.

This guy is a huge proponent of low carb diets, google his name and one of the first results will be a youtube video with him explaining a ketogenic diet to a bunch of diabetics. The "president of the american society of bariatric physicians" is one of the biggest proponents of low carb diets in the world.

Last edited by Radii : 08-15-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote