View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #218
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

2022 Preseason (Spring)

2022 USC Preseason (Spring)

Spring, 2022

That time of year to schedule again. As you know by now, we play our rivals Notre Dame every season - this year it's a home game in the Rose Bowl. Also every season there is one PAC-10 team we don't play, this year that school is Oregon State. We have no home & home leftovers from last year.

So, that leaves us two games we need to schedule.

Popular sentiment is to schedule a rematch against Virginia - but I don't think either school wants to be knocked out of the national title hunt week one, so I think I'll pass - and my guess is they would as well.
To be honest, we're going to schedule two mid-level to poor games. We've got a tough enough strength of schedule to make the top two in the BCS if we go undefeated, so no reason to beef up our schedule anymore than usual.

Our preseason BCS ranking is #2 right behind Virginia, and our school prestige is now Excellent (98), behind only that of Virginia (Excellent-100).

Stage 1: The Minnesota Golden Gophers - quite honestly one of the best nicknames in all of the sports world - have agreed to come to the Rose Bowl Week 3. That leaves us one more game to schedule.

Stage 2: Playmouth State, one of Keene State's rivals from back in my NNE days, offerred us a game at the Rose Bowl, so we accepted, and that sets our schedule. Here's a look at it.

2022 Southern Cal Schedule

Code:
The College Years The University of Southern California Trojans 2022 Football Schedule Preseason BCS Rank: #2 Preseason Coaches Poll: #2 Preseason Fans Poll: #2 Rivals: UCLA, Notre Dame Stadium Capacity: 96,600 Season Tickets Sold: 96,600 Week Opponent 1 PLYMOUTH STATE 2 ---Open date--- 3 MINNESOTA 4 ---Open date--- $$5 at Stanford $$6 WASHINGTON STATE $$7 at Arizona $$8 (48) WASHINGTON 9 ---Open date--- $$10 at Oregon $$11 (14) CALIFORNIA $$12 at Arizona State 13 (13) NOTRE DAME $$14 (5) UCLA 15 ---Open date--- Home Games in ALL CAPS $$-Conference Games

-20-

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote