View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #85
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Lightbulb I'm getting a lot of questions about recruiting...

Clarification:

Recruiting is an either/or action...either you have a crew that needs to replace losses suffered in boarding or raiding (i.e., a d4 -1), or you wish to upgrade your crew quality (i.e., from d4 to d6). These are two very different types of recruiting.

To replace losses, you must take a Recruiting action for each loss you wish to replace. A (-1) after your crew dice represents one loss, a (-2) two losses, and so on. You must pay the appropriate amount of gold for each replacement, based on the quality of your crew. Each d4 replacement, for example, costs 1g. Crew replacements in this manner are always available, regardless of quality level.

To upgrade your crew quality, you must wait until a better crew becomes available on Turducken Island. This is announced in the turn report. Once one or more crews are available, they will sign on with the pirate who bids the most gold using a Recruiting action in the upcoming turn. For example, if you have a d4 crew but a d6 is available for the next turn, you might use an action that says "Recruit d6 crew for 10g."